School and Community Partnerships
Des Moines Public Schools is a partner in the Coalition for Community Schools. Moulton Elementary exists to build meaningful partnerships between families, schools, and the community leading to improved student learning, thriving families and vibrant Des Moines neighborhoods.
Community School Coordinators work with their school teams to create a comprehensive continuum of internal and external supports to ensure students’ personal and academic success. Community School Coordinators aim to accomplish the following objectives:
- Foster effective school-community relationships toward improved student outcomes
- Support transitions in schools with an emphasis on improved student engagement
- Improve students’ community engagement and social awareness
- Increase family engagement with schools
- Expand the community school strategy